India is undoubtedly a diverse nation with so much of versatility in its culture, people, food, language etc. Though there are numerous religions and each of them have their own culture, the whole country is united with one name which is INDIA.
It is true that there is no other country like India in the whole world because such huge diversification does not exist in any other country. It is amazing to see that even within a state you will see huge versatility as you move from one city to another. People follow different cultures according to their origins. And the best part is that there is still an essence of ancient times may be it is alive in people because their origin food, clothes, festivals etc. but it is there.
People still respect and follow the traditions left by their ancestors. Though the country has been much influenced by western culture, the roots of their original culture are still there and it will be because Indians take pride in their own culture, may be because of spiritual reasons or emotional reasons but they stick to their traditions when it comes to celebrate with family.
India is such an interesting country which has an amazingly fascinating history and facts. Here is a list of 20 Interesting facts about India which will leave your mouth open. Enjoy these:
- India has the highest number of post offices in the world. The floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar was inaugurated in 2011.
- India was an island around 100 years ago.
- India is a name derived from Indus river.
- India has the world’s third active army after China and U.S.A.
- The world’s largest gathering at Kumbh Mela is even visible from space.
- India has more than 30,000 mosques which is more than any other nation in the world and has the third largest Muslim population in the world.
- India’s first satellite was bought on a bullock cart and first rocket on cycle.
- India has not only invented zero, but also ruler.
- Cataract surgery and plastic surgery are also inventions of India.
- Water on moon was first detected by India.
- Bollywood is the biggest film industry in the world.
- Martial arts is also an origin of India.
- Indian national Kabaddi teams have won all the world cups held till now.
- The first president of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad took only 50 % of his salary.
- India has the largest number of vegetarians in the world.
- KFC, Pizza Hut and Mc Donald’s introduced vegetarian menu just because of such huge population of vegetarians in india.
- India was the first country to consume sugar.
- The diamond mining was first done in India.
- Around 17th century before Britishers came to India, it was the richest country in the world.
- And at last you will be proud to know that India has never invaded or attacked any country.